Contact Your Legislator
The easiest way you can influence positive changes in US health care policy is by simply making your voice heard. Sending an email or letter to your congressional representatives can be done in five effortless steps using the AAN's online advocacy tool:
- Select one of the key health policy issues from the provided list and review background information to learn more.
- Check the box of the senator or representative you want to receive your message (they will automatically appear based on your residence.)
- Choose the option of a form letter that you can edit or a customized (blank) letter.
- Select whether to have your message emailed, faxed, or printed for postal mailing and personalize if you wish. (Postal mailings may be delayed because of security screenings.)
- Submit your message (if sending by email, your legislator may request you to select a topic).
That's all there is to it. In less than five minutes you've expressed your professional opinion to your elected official. That's what democracy is all about!