The AAN RITE® Residency In-service Training Exam is a self- assessment tool designed to gauge knowledge of neurology and neuroscience, identify areas for potential growth, and provide references and discussions for each.
The RITE is not designed to be a certifying or qualifying examination, and its use in that manner is vigorously discouraged by the AAN.
Note: To report a misuse of RITE scores, please contact Mary Cress at email@example.com or (612) 928-6004.
- A carefully weighted, in-depth examination featuring questions in each of the following areas of neurology and neuroscience:
- Clinical adult
- Clinical pediatrics
- Contemporary Issues
- Graphics that include:
- CT scans
- MR images
- Full color pathologic representations
- A review by a committee of recognized experts to ensure:
- Content clarity
- Question relevance
- Topical balance
- A scanning and scoring process conducted by a professional data systems company to ensure the highest quality data collection with an accuracy rate in excess of 99.9 percent
- A downloadable Discussion and Reference Manual that is accessible to all examinees, following the exam, which identifies:
- Discussions of answer options and rationale for correct responses of all questions
- References for further information
RITE and ABPN
Questions on the 2013 RITE were distributed according to the following blueprint:
RITE Blueprint for 2013.
The RITE 2014 Blueprint will be available September 2013.
2014 Exam Dates: February 27, 28, and March 1 and 2, 2014
RITE dates are scheduled by local test centers. The exam is given in two sessions during the same day. Each session lasts three and a half hours. Registration for residents should be made by the program director or residency coordinator on the program registration roster.
- 2015 Exam Dates: February 26, 27, 28, and March 1, 2015
Scores Results for the 2013 RITE were delivered electronically this year. Program Directors and examinees received an email with a password to access a secure portal to view their score reports.
The rescore request deadline was April 30, 2013. If you have questions, please contact Mary Cress, Program Manager, Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 928-6004.
Discounts are available to AAN members. Submit an AAN membership application and dues for the 2014 membership year on or before December 1, 2013, to take advantage of reduced RITE fees.
The deadline for registering for the RITE 2014 is December 1, 2013. For Registration information or questions, contact Lori Strachota, Member Services, at email@example.com or (612) 928-6029.
There will be no onsite registration of examinees. All examinees must register and pay in advance to sit for the RITE. Walk-ons are not allowed to sit for the exam.
Discussion and Reference Manual
A downloadable Discussion and Reference Manual is available online to RITE examinees for one year following the current exam. If you took the 2013 RITE, access the Discussion and Reference Manual.
If you are a Program Director and would like to access the Discussion and Reference Manual, contact Mary Cress at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 928-6004.