NeuroFrontiers Radio Show
NeuroFrontiers is produced in collaboration with the American Academy of Neurology and explores new research, diagnosis and treatment in all areas of neurological disease. This series also addresses the most relevant clinical topics, trends, news and advances pertaining to all areas of the practice of Neurology.
The show is hosted by AAN member Anthony Alessi, MD, FAAN, and covers a 15-minute topic every week through May. Shows feature interviews with AAN members on a variety of neurology issues, as well as notable news, editorial and clinical discussion, and other hot topics pertaining to neurology and the Academy, such as AAN practice parameters and position statements wherever applicable.
Shows are available via XM Satellite Radio (Channel 167) and online as a live stream or downloadable podcast (mp3):
- Spotlight on Meningiomas: Risks and Clinical Manifestations
- Smartphones and Improving Neurologic Care
- New Advances for Parkinson's Treatment
- Treating Diabetic Nerve Pain
- A New Game Plan for Treating Concussions
- When to Take the Keys Away: AAN Driving Risk in Dementia Guidelines
- How to Help Patients Cope With Loss of Taste and Smell
- New Oral Drugs for Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Death and Organ Donation
- Solving the Mystery of Restless Legs Syndrome
- FDA's Approval of Botulinum Toxin for Migraines
- Strategies to Improve Critical Care in Gunshot Wounds
- Dispatches From the Haiti Earthquake Relief
- Expanded Window of Time for Treating Stroke
- Latest Research & Treatment Recommendations for Parkinson's Disease
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome and H1N1 Vaccine in Context
- The Dizzy Patient: Recommended Therapies for Vertigo
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
- Sudden Death in Sports
- Latest Thinking in Alzheimer's Screening and Treatment
- Latest Research in Pediatric Migraines
- Vascular Risks of Migraines
- Chronic Neuropathic Pain and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Epilepsy Drug Substitution and Epilepsy Drugs in Pregnancy
To download any of the shows to your computer:
- PCs—right-click on the desired link and choose "Save link as..." in the menu.
- Macs—hold down Control key while clicking desired link, then choose "Save link as..." in the menu.
For more information about NeuroFrontiers, contact Angela Babb at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 928-6102. To learn more about ReachMD, contact Julie Carson at email@example.com or (312) 342-6500 or visit the ReachMD home page.