Medical Malpractice Insurance
The Neurologists' Program (TNP) — Medical Malpractice Insurance Designed Specifically for Neurologists
AAN Members Receive a 5% Premium Discount!*
Protect your practice with The Neurologists' Program (TNP), a medical professional liability insurance program designed specifically for neurologists. TNP offers proactive risk management expertise, aggressive defense strategies, proven experience, financial strength and stability— all of which are essential to provide you with the best coverage and service possible. That is why TNP is the only medical professional liability insurance program endorsed by AAN.
To view an overview of practice–related medical liability risk and strategies to manage that risk, please view Insurance 101 and Medical Malpractice Basics for Neurologists by Charles D. Cash, JD, Senior Risk Manager for Professional Risk Management Services
Highlights of TNP features and benefits:
- 5 percent premium discount for AAN members!*
- Other discounts include: loss-free credit, early career neurologist, risk management, part-time, and more!
- Individual and group policies available
- Claims-made or occurrence policy with limits up to $2 million/$6 million (may vary by state)
- Nationwide panel of experienced attorneys with expertise in defending medical malpractice actions
- Access to one-on-one risk management consultations via the toll-free Risk Management Consultation Service—expert advice tailored to your needs and your specialty
- Coverage for forensic activities included in the policy
- No deductible on administrative defense coverage
- Quarterly newsletter, Rx for Risk, focuses on everyday issues that neurologists may encounter in their practice such as risks associated with the use of tPA, understanding informed consent and requests to release medical records.
- If you are currently insured with a claims-made policy with another company, TNP can transfer your current retroactive date to your new policy—no need to purchase tail coverage from your current carrier!
- No deductible for administrative and governmental billing defense costs coverage
- Exclusive online access to risk management articles, online multimedia tutorials, resources, CME courses, seminars and more—all designed specifically for neurologists
- And, much more!
*Due to state insurance regulations, the AAN discount is not available in Oregon and Tennessee.
The American Academy of Neurology has terminated its affiliation program with Forrest T. Jones Insurance Products and Solveras Payment Systems as part of its regular review of the products and services it makes available to serve the needs of its members. Member contracts and policies will remain in place.
Contact Solveras at (800) 613-0148 or visit www.solveras.com for more information. Contact Forrest T. Jones at (866) 897-5474 or visit www.www.ftj.com for more information. For information about AAN member benefits, contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 879-1960.
Effective December 31, 2008, AAN will no longer be affiliated with Epocrates, PDA Verticals, or the Student Assistance Foundation. These former partners will continue to provide service to existing customers. For customer support please contact PDA Verticals at 800-462-0388 or email@example.com; Epocrates: http://www.epocrates.com/supports; and Student Assistance Foundation at 800-852-2761.
Disclosure:The Academy is able to offer a variety of programs and services that benefit its members by collaborating with commercial businesses. Some of these business arrangements provide the Academy with a royalty or fee that helps the Academy offset expenses associated with other membership programs. Among these businesses are: Bank of America; Forrest T. Jones and Company; Lippincott and Williams and Wilkins; PRMS.