The AAN monitors several additional national-level quality measure collaborations, which identify, publish, and disseminate quality indicators, including:
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- American Medical Association's Physician's Consortium for Performance Improvement (PCPI)
- Ambulatory care Quality Alliance (AQA)
- Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS)
- National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- National Quality Forum
- Improvement is accelerated through measurement and reporting. Implementation of the electronic health record (EHR) facilitates measurement and reporting. AAN promotes readiness for EHR exchange of information and infrastructure. Refer to EHR Resources.
- Structural thematic areas help to focus improvement efforts. Refer to the MedQIC for tips on adopting health information technology, measure and report performance, redesign processes, and transform organizational culture.
- Performance Measurement: Accelerating Improvement (IOM Brief Report)
- Share your experiences. Email the AAN with your feedback on your quality improvement efforts
Comparative Effectiveness Research
The Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ) Effective Health Care (EHC) Program is pleased to announce that two new draft chapters of the Methods Guide for Effectiveness and Comparative Effectiveness Reviews are open for comment on the EHC Program Web site until July 21, 2011:
- "Assessing the Risk of Bias of Individual Studies when Comparing Medical Interventions." Access and comment on this chapter.
- "Avoiding Bias in Selecting Studies." Access and comment on this chapter.