AAN Online Press Room for Media
The AAN's online press room provides assistance to the media in understanding the latest research in neurology, as well as the role of the neurologist in providing quality patient care.
Read the Neurology Journal Embargo Policy
Support for Journalists
The AAN Media Relations team provides support to media outlets through the following:
- Press Releases on studies published in Neurology®, the AAN's weekly medical journal
- Schedule Interviews with physicians who can quickly provide comments on a wide range of neurological issues
- AAN Guidelines
- AAN Position Statements
- Complete Press Kits
- Annual Meeting Press Releases on Scientific Abstracts
- Information on Major AAN Awards Winners
- RSS Feeds of the latest AAN press releases—subscribe today
- Credentialed journalists: Sign up today to receive embargoed press releases.
What is a Neurologist?
A neurologist is a medical doctor with specialized training in diagnosing, treating, and managing disorders of the brain and nervous system.
A neurologist's training includes an undergraduate degree, four years of medical school, a one-year internship, and at least three years of specialized training. Many neurologists also have additional training in other areas—or subspecialties—of neurology such as stroke, epilepsy, neuromuscular disease, and movement disorders. These are some of the more common subspecialties within the field of neurology.