New! Hot Topics in Education: Institute of Medicine Report on Epilepsy
Monday, April 23, 2012
12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
Ernest M. Morial Convention Center
- Frances Jensen MD
- Patricia Shafer R.N, M.N
- Christianne N. Heck MD
- Gregory L. Holmes MD
- Joseph I. Sirven MD, FAAN and Moderator
The Hot Topics in Education Session will address the just-released (April 2012) Institute of Medicine (IOM) report on the public health dimensions of epilepsy with a focus on four areas:
- Public health surveillance and data collection and integration
- Population and public health research
- Health policy, health care, and human services
- Patient, provider, and public education
The session will provide a unique forum combining a didactic overview on why the Institute of Medicine panel responsible for the report was convened, and to present an overview of their process.
The overview will be followed by a moderated panel discussion. The session will end with audience questions and answers for a lively discussion on interpretations of and recommendations regarding the IOM report.