AAN Continuing Medical Education Opportunities
Earn instant credit from the convenience of your home or office with AAN's exclusive CME opportunities.
For those up for recertification, the AAN also offers a number of ABPN-approved activities that meet the Maintenance of Certification requirement for the Continuing Medical Education (CME) component. Learn more about Maintenance of Certification.
Whichever AAN CME opportunity you choose, rest assured that the knowledge you'll gain will not only help you fulfill your MOC requirements, but will allow you to stay on top of the latest advances in the field.
Online and Print CME:
- Neurology®: Stay current on the latest in research with the AAN's premier scientific journal. Earn 1.5 CME credits per issue—or up to 72 for a full year. Available in print and online.
- Continuum: Lifelong Learning in Neurology®: Assess your knowledge with the AAN's only self-study continuing medical education publication. Earn up to 12 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per issue. Available in print and online.
- Quintessentials®: Practice-improvement module tied to the corresponding Continuum™ topic. Earn up to 3 CME credits per module. Available in print and online.
- NeuroPI℠, Performance Improvement in Neurology: Online performance improvement project that meets ABPN MOC Part 4 PIP requirements in addition to earning 20 CME credits. Available online.
- Patient Safety Online CME: AAN's first online-only CME offering is "Recognizing Abuse in Your Neurology Patients" by Anna DePold Hohler, MD. From this important module, you will learn about the prevalence of abuse, the different types of abuse, methods of screening, and ways to respond to a patient who discloses abuse. One credit of CME is offered.
- AAN NeuroSAE: Self-Assessment Examination in Clinical Neurology: The AAN's online NeuroSAE® is designed to help neurologists meet the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) self-assessment and lifelong learning requirement for Maintenance of Certification by gauging your level of understanding of current knowledge and best practices. The latest version, NeuroSAE IV, also offers 8 CME credits. Available online.
- Online CME Tracker: Track your complete history of CME credits earned, look up your transcript online.
Practice Management Webinars
Learn the latest on practice management hot topics while earning CME credit! Both live and recorded webinars are available and designed to help practicing US neurologists, residents, and office staff improve their practice.
If you have any questions, please contact Christi Kokaisel directly at email@example.com or (612) 928-6052.
Evidence-based Medicine (EBM) Toolkit
Refresh your research and methodology skills while earning 13 credits of CME in one weekend. AAN's EBM Toolkit classroom training occurs each fall.