Alliance Awards: S. Weir Mitchell
S. Weir Mitchell Award
This award is designed to encourage basic research in neuroscience by physicians in clinical neurology training programs. The Alliance Awards Subcommittee considers originality, scientific merit, neurological interest, and clarity of expression as criteria for review.
Recipient is expected to give a 10-minute presentation based on the selected manuscript during a scientific session at the AAN 65th Annual Meeting.
Recipient will receive:
- Medallion and $1,000 prize
- Complimentary registration for 65th Annual Meeting
- Reimbursement for 65th Annual Meeting travel and housing
- $100 per diem per day for expenses (up to two days)
- Recognition at 2013 Awards Luncheon at 65th Annual Meeting
- Applicants should be members of the AAN in good standing and less than 18 months from the completion of their Neurology residency training (at the time of submission)
- Must be a senior author of a research-based manuscript
- Manuscript must not be previously published or submitted for publication (at the time of submission)
Applicants can apply for only one of the Alliance Awards. Manuscripts may be considered for the other award as the subcommittee deems appropriate. Applicants should submit one complete set of the following materials:
- Completed application form
- Current curriculum vitae
- Typed, double-spaced copy of the complete manuscript, including names and addresses of all authors (supplemental materials may be submitted) Note: Manuscripts and bibliographies must be in the format used in Neurology journal; manuscripts will be returned
- Letter from the training program director attesting to the applicant's enrollment and status in the program
- Letter from the faculty researcher sponsor detailing the extent of collaboration and support received by the applicant while conducting this research and verifying all work was completed during applicant's residency or fellowship period
- On a separate piece of paper, include a list of residency and/or fellowship start dates, end dates, and program directors
- Letter from research mentor verifying all work submitted was completed during their residency or fellowship training
The 2013 scientific award deadline has passed. Award notifications will be sent to all applicants in early January.
For more information, please contact Wendy Vokaty at email@example.com or (612) 928-6078.