The American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and the Association of University Professors of Neurology (AUPN) are pleased to sponsor the Medical Student Scholarship to the 2013 AAN Annual Meeting in San Diego, California.
We are able to offer 40 $1,000 scholarships medical students who are SIGN chapter members to attend the March 16 – March 23, 2013 meeting. SIGN chapter presidents or a designated SIGN representatives receive preference for the receiving the scholarship. The AAN and AUPN hope that by helping students attend the SIGN chapter meeting and other events at the AAN Annual Meeting, their interest in neurology will be stimulated, ultimately benefiting the field of neurology.
In order to apply for these funds, the following requirements must be met:
•The applicant must be a member of the AAN at the time of application submisssion. AAN membership is free for medical students. The AAN Medical Student membership application can be found at http://www.aan.com/go/membership/join.
•Applicants must be active SIGN members. The letter of interest should describe your involvement with your SIGN chapter. If you do not have a SIGN chapter at your school and would like to apply for the scholarship, you can find a registration form to establish a SIGN chapter in the SIGN Reference Manual found at www.aan.com/go/education/students/medical.
•Applicants must include CV, Letter of Interest outlining SIGN leadership and activities, and a Letter of Support from their SIGN Faculty Advisor or another faculty member.
•The student must be from a school outside the San Diego area (the funds are intended for transportation/lodging and similar expenses).
•The student must attend the SIGN meeting at the Annual Meeting on Monday, March 18, 2013, in order to receive the scholarship. It is imperative that scholarship recipients advise the AAN by January 7, 2013, if their plans have changed and decline the scholarship.
•Applicants must be active SIGN members and a member of the AAN.
•Application must include CV, Letter of Interest outlining SIGN leadership and activities, and Letter of Support from SIGN Faculty Advisor or other faculty member.
•Applicants from the same institution are encouraged to apply; however, the scholarship will be given to no more than one student per institution. If more than one application is received from the same institution and they are deemed equal, the awarding of the scholarship will be determined by the date/time the application is received.
1. Complete the online application.
2. Submit applications online on or before 11:59 p.m. CST on October 15, 2012. Applications received after October 15 will not be considered. Note: Applications submitted via mail, email or fax will not be considered.
1. Winners will be notified in November 2012 by e-mail and will be asked to complete a W-9 or Statement of Citizenship (International SIGN chapters, including Canada) tax form.
2. Winners must attend the SIGN Meeting at the AAN Annual Meeting on Monday, March 18, 2013, and place their name on the sign-in sheet that will be distributed at the meeting. If winners do not attend the meeting, the scholarship is forfeited.
3. The scholarship check will be mailed to the student 6-8 weeks following the Annual Meeting. If you have questions about this process or need SIGN Chapter application materials, please contact Cheryl Alementi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (612) 928-6073.