Sports Concussion Resources
Access resources on sports concussion for physicians, coaches, parents, and athletes.
Public Service Announcement
- AAN Sports Concussion Guideline
- Clinical Case Example
- Presentation Slides
- Free Online Concussion Training for Coaches from the CDC
- Free Online Concussion Safety Course for High School and Youth Coaches from the University of Michigan
- AAN Position Statement on Sports Concussion
- Legal and Ethical Implications in the Evaluation and Management of Sports-related Concussion
- Sports Concussion State Laws (June 2014)
- General information about Traumatic Brain Injury
The following are Press Releases and Press Conference recordings related to AAN's concussion efforts.
- AAN Applauds President Obama’s Call for Greater Awareness of Sports Concussion
- AAN Issues Updated Sports Concussion Guideline: Athletes with Suspected Concussion Should Be Removed from Play
- American Academy of Neurology Launches New App to Help Evaluate Sports Concussion at Games
- Sports Concussion Guideline Press Conference Video
AAN AND THE NFL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
The AAN in partnership with the American College of Emergency Physicians, helped the NFL Players Association produce a concussion tip sheet. The tip sheet provides important information on how to diagnose and care for concussion. Copies of the concussion tip sheet were distributed to all NFL locker rooms.