Practice Management Webinars
Gain valuable insight and tools to help navigate through the changes that lay ahead in the new health care landscape.
New 2016 Member Pricing: $99 per webinar or subscribe to the complete 2016 webinar series for only $189.
- New and convenient one-hour sessions
- 1.0 CME credits
- Includes presentation slides and access to recording
Note: To register for a 2016 subscription, simply start registering for a single webinar and the option to bundle will be presented. Registration for the 2016 webinar series subscription includes all 10 webinars presented live in 2016. Registration for webinars presented in 2015 must be made in a separate transaction; the 2015 webinars, which are 90 minutes, are priced at $149 per webinar or $199 for the series, and they are not included in the 2016 subscription.
NEW 2016 Webinar Series
- Get Better at Getting Better: A Neurology Guide to Quality Improvement
June 14, 2016, from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Deadline to Register: June 13, 2016
Direct: Anup Patel, MD
We all strive for excellence, but this admirable principle is no longer sufficient. The science of Quality Improvement in practice is important not only for our patients, but with regulatory policies and reimbursement tied to quality and value, it is vital for your practice's financial health.
- Understand why quality improvement is important
- Understand how quality initiatives are impacting medicin
- Identify the tools and methods for planning and implementing quality improvement projects
- Grading on a Curve: Using Benchmarks to Improve Your Bottom Line
August 10, 2016, from 12:00-1:00 p.m. ET
Deadline to Register: August 9, 2016
Directors: David Evans, MBA and Brad Klein, MD, MBA, FAAN
Measures of performance are now and likely will be based on certain levels of performance of your comparable peer group. In this webinar, AAN experts will demonstrate efficient ways to identify data sources and then effectively use the information to optimize your practice to meet and exceed benchmarks.
- Learn how to identify practice inefficiencies
- Locate and interpret available data sources
- Apply process improvements using meaningful data
- Solo, But Not Alone: Thriving in Small Neurology Practices
September 13, 2016, from 12:00-1:00 p.m. ET
Deadline to Register: September 12, 2016
Directors: Brad Klein, MD, MBA, FAAN
Running a small neurology practice is rewarding, but it can be challenging in the current healthcare landscape. The AAN is dedicated to fostering successful small and solo neurology practices. In this session, our experts cover high-yield practice topics that could apply to all providers but have special importance to those having to run the clinic AND the business side of the practice.
- Accumulate tips to help you balance patient visits while maintaining a thriving practic
- Understand basic legal issues in setting up and running a practic
- Evaluate the economics of outsourcing versus providing in-house services
- Maximize use of technology in your practice to boost revenu
- Discover best practices for working effectively with Medicare and private payers
- Don't Just Phone It In: A Guide to Teleneurology
October 11, 2016, from 12:00-1:00 p.m. ET
Deadline to Register: October 10, 2016
Director: Eric Anderson, MD, PhD and David Evans, MBA
Telemedicine is an emerging field in neurology and affords an opportunity to increase patient access to care. However, it is a complex endeavor, and knowing state-of-the-art methods is the key to success. In this webinar, Eric Anderson, MD, PhD-whose practice relies solely on teleneurology services-will offer an interactive presentation designed to empower you to decide if teleneurology will work for you and your practice.
- Describe the applications and delivery models for the various forms of telemedicine and mobile health
- Understand the role of telemedicine and medical apps in the care continuum
- Learn how to code correctly for telemedicine for Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Payers
- Understand how neurology's role in telemedicine neurology is growing
- Discuss legal and regulatory issues associated with telemedicine
- Getting the Most Out of Your Technology: HIT and Your Patients
November 8, 2016, from 12:00-1:00 p.m. ET
Deadline to Register: November 7, 2016
Directors: Allison Weathers, MD, FAAN
Discover best practices around EHR use and other emerging technologies like OpenNotes® with patients. In this webinar, AAN experts will provide an interactive presentation on technology tools, especially those that focus on patient experience.
- Familiarize yourself with current patient engagement technology used in the medical field
- Understand the core functionalities of EHR (electronic health records)
- Understand the overall pros and cons to technology in the medical field
- Previously Recorded Webinars
All webinars are recorded and available to be viewed one week after the live presentation.
View recorded webinars