Participate in National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) clinical research and learn how to obtain federal funding.
FIND THE PROGRAM RIGHT FOR YOU
Resources from NINDS are available through an online collaboration with the AAN.
Research Mission and Funding From NINDS
The mission of NINDS is to reduce the burden of neurological disease. To support this mission, NINDS:
- Conducts, fosters, coordinates, and guides research on the causes, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of neurological disorders and stroke, and supports basic research in related scientific areas.
- Provides grants-in-aid to public and private institutions and individuals in fields related to its areas of interest, including research project, program project, and research center grants.
- Operates a program of contracts for the funding of research and research support efforts in selected areas of institute need.
- Provides individual and institutional fellowships to increase scientific expertise in neurological fields.
- Conducts a diversified program of intramural and collaborative research in its own laboratories, branches, and clinics.
- Collects and disseminates research information related to neurological disorders.
Topics of Special Interest
- NIH All of Us
- Cognitive and Emotional Health Project: The Healthy Brain
- Neural Interfaces Program
- NINDS Grants Information for Non-U.S. Scientists and U.S. Scientists at Foreign Institutions
- Stem Cell Research
- Translational Research
- NIH Neuroscience Blueprint