Evidence-based Medicine (EBM) Classroom Training Opportunities
Learn the latest skills you need to critically analyze literature and clinical trials in order to provide the best care to your patients.
EBM Education Opportunities at the Annual Meeting
Please check back for updates on the 2017 Annual Meeting course.
Evidence-based Medicine Training Course
Earn 13 CME credits in this two-day comprehensive statistical analysis and methodology course.
- What you'll improve
- Knowledge of quality improvement, population health, and patient-centered care.
- Insight of strong evidence in clinical trials and research.
- Critical analysis skills.
- Navigation and understanding of research available to neurologists.
- Training Curriculum
Participants will receive the full curriculum of EBM education, including:
- Didactic lectures with presenter notes (PowerPoint presentations).
- Article deconstruction or data set activities accompanied by detailed critical analysis.
- Practical learning tools based on real clinical examples.
- Outcome measurement tools (pre-tests, post-tests, module evaluations).
- Ongoing access to EBM expert faculty and staff for program implementation help.
- 13 credits CME (Continuing Medical Education) for the training.
- Program Director Resource
EBM Toolkit contains the training materials received after taking the course. It is an excellent resource to help program directors.
- Demonstrate ACGME core competencies.
- Provide Journal Club materials and curriculum.
- Prepare residents to stay current with research throughout their careers.
AAN periodically holds a popular classroom training. This page will be updated when a training is scheduled.
The training is price is $250 for AAN members ($350 for non-members).