A.B. Baker Section
Discover progress and challenges in educating students, residents, non–neurologists, and neurologists.
Chair and AAN Staff Contact
Ann Poncelet, MD
Manager, Education & Travel
- Join this section
- If you would like to become a member of an AAN Section, email Member Services or call (800) 879-1960 to indicate which Sections you would like to join.
A. B. Baker Section Meeting
Monday, April 20, 2015
12:15 p.m.-1:15 p.m.
Washington Convention Center (Check onsite Room Locator for room location)
- A.B. Baker Section Resources
Find resources to help you make the most of your section membership:
- Medical Education Research Training Fellowship
Learn more about this fellowship opportunity.
- Neurologic Educator Resources
Discover tools and resources to help you promote the growth and excellence of neurologic educators:
- Highlights of Neurology Education Research 2014
- Education Research Highlights 2012
- Neuro Localizer iPAD app
- Nerve Whiz iPAD app
- Highlights in the Field of Education Research 2012
- Experiential Learning and Simulation: A Theoretical Foundation (Sarah E. Peyre, EdD)
- Flexner Report available for purchase
- Overview of Education Research in Neurology 2010-2011
- Education Physicians - A Call for Reform
- Information on Promotion and Tenure Documentation for Educators from the AAMC
Eduardo Benarroch, MD, FAAN, is 2015 A. B. Baker Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
Ann Poncelet, MD, Chair of the A.B. Baker Section of Neurologic Educators, is pleased to announce that Eduardo Benarroch, MD, FAAN, from Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, has been selected to receive the 2015 A.B. Baker Award for Lifetime Achievement in Neurologic Education.
Dr. Benarroch will receive the award at the Education Colloquium on Monday, April 20, 2015, during the Academy's 2015 Annual Meeting in Washington, DC.
The deadline for the 2016 award is January 31, 2015. Nominate someone for the 2016 Award.
A.B. Baker Teacher Recognition Awards
The A.B. Baker Section of Neurologic Educators believes that excellent teachers deserve recognition for their contributions to improving neurology now and in the future. Teaching binds students, residents, faculty, other clinicians, researchers, and even patients together and helps make our daily work more meaningful.
The recipients of the 2014 Teacher Recognition Awards are:
Samir Belagaje, MD Emory University Pratap R. Chand, MD, FRCP, FAAN St. Louis University Tracey Cho, MD Massachusetts General Hospital Soundarya Gowda, MBBS Virginia Commonwealth University Ann A. Little, MD, BS University of Michigan L. Creed Pettigrew, MD, MPH University of Kentucky Dhairyawan Pokalkar, MD Gandhi Medical College Efrain D. Salgado, MD Cleveland Clinic Florida Eric J. Sorenson, MD, FAAN Mayo Clinic Rochester MN William O. Tatum IV, DO, FAAN Mayo Clinic Jacksonville Anthony J. Vaughn, MD University of Oklahoma
Nominate someone for the 2015 Teacher Recognition Award.