AAN Vision and Mission
Welcome to AAN.com, the official website of the American Academy of Neurology, the world's largest professional association of neurologists, and the leading online resource for neurologists across the world.
Founded in 1948, the AAN now represents more than 32,000 members and is dedicated to promoting the highest quality patient-centered care and enhancing member career satisfaction.
Vision: To be indispensable to our members.
Mission: To promote the highest quality patient-centered neurologic care and enhance member career satisfaction.
- Support members across their professional lifetime
- Educate members to foster high-quality clinical care and science
- Advocate for members and their patients
- Support and promote member involvement in neurologic research
- Maximize organizational effectiveness to meet members needs
A neurologist is a doctor with specialized training in diagnosing, treating and managing disorders of the brain and nervous system such as Alzheimer's disease, stroke, migraine, multiple sclerosis, brain injury, Parkinson's disease, and epilepsy.