Joint Audit Committee
Conducts an annual audit of the Academy's financial operations and submits any recommendations concerning the financial operations to the Board of Directors.
Chair: George K. York III, MD, FAAN
Staff Liaison: Timothy J. Engel
- Job Description
- Select the audit firm to conduct an independent audit of the organization's financial statements.
- Review and approve the audit scope.
- Review and approve any proposed involvement of the audit firm in activities other than the annual audit.
- Consider and review, with management and the auditors, the adequacy of the organization's risk management methodology and internal controls, including computerized information system controls and security.
- Review and address the management letter and auditor's comments.
- Review any serious difficulties or disputes with management encountered during the course of the audits.
- Review IRS Form 990 and related disclosures.
- Review other matters related to the conduct of the audits that are to be communicated to the Committee under generally accepted auditing standards.
- Make recommendations to the Board based on the Committee's review activities.
Estimated Time Commitment
One daylong in‐person meeting once a year typically taking place in either April or May and potentially one to three conference calls.