BrainPAC Executive Committee
Serves as the Academy's federal political action committee by raising funds and directing contributions to candidates for federal office who support the interests of neurology and patients with neurologic conditions.
Chair: Glen R. Finney, MD
Staff Liaisons: Mike Amery, Esq., and Derek C. Brandt
- Job Description
- Attend one Committee meeting per year
- Attend conference calls as requested by BrainPAC leadership and staff
- Respond promptly to email communications regarding BrainPAC oversight
- Demonstrate an understanding of politics and campaign-finance regulations
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to focus on the AAN's legislative priorities, to the exclusion of one's own political views
- Assist in the creation of contribution principles and criteria to guide the BrainPAC in its affairs
- Take an active role in donation solicitation
The BrainPAC Executive Committee meets annually in conjunction with Neurology on the Hill, which usually takes place each spring in Washington, DC.
Estimated Time Commitment
One to three hours per month and one meeting annually.