Reviews grievances in accordance with the Academy's Disciplinary Action Policy and submits formal complaints to the Board of Directors through the Office of the Vice President of the Board. The committee shall report to the Board of Directors through the Ethics, Law and Humanities Committee.
Chair: William P. Cheshire, Jr., MD, FAAN
Staff Liaison: Karen Kasmirski
- Committee Members:
- William P. Cheshire, Jr., MD, FAAN
- Peter B. Kang, MD, FAAN
- Frederick G. Langendorf, MD
- Noor A. Pirzada, MD, FAAN
- Wendy Wright, MD
- Apply to this Committee
- Job Description
- Participate in conference calls on relevant issues as they arise throughout the year.
- Occasionally, there may be special projects that would require an additional time commitment from committee members.
Committee members are appointed by the AAN president-elect and may serve up to three, two-year terms.
- Attend up to two meetings per year, based on caseload.
- A teleconference may replace an on-site meeting if the caseload does not warrant meeting in person.
Estimated Time Commitment
Two to twenty hours of preparation for each meeting, depending on caseload.
The Grievance Committee consists of five voting members made up of the following:
- Four additional members
- Two members of the committee must be Fellows of the Academy