The Registry Committee oversees the design, implementation, and management of the Axon Registry®, the AAN's Quality Improvement Clinical Data Registry. The committee will oversee the daily operations and technical aspects of the registry (e.g., guide selection of the registry vendor, selection and refinement of measures, build the technical infrastructure, etc.), engaging members in participation, coordinating and guiding education associated with registry participation, and vetting requests for data.
Chair: Lyell K. Jones, MD, FAAN
Vice-Chair: Joseph V. Fritz, PhD
Staff Liaison: Becky Schierman, MPH
- Job Description
The Registry Committee oversees the design, and implementation, management of the AAN's Axon Registry™. The Committee will oversee the operations and technical aspects of the Axon Registry, measure selection and refinement, engaging members in participation, coordinating and guiding education associated with Axon Registry participation, and vetting requests for data.
- Attend at least three face-to-face committee meetings each year, including one potentially at AAN Annual Meeting.
- Participate in monthly Registry Committee phone calls.
- Participate in the Registry Committee email listserv discussions, operational and technical decision making, as issues arise.
- Contribute to the successful design, development, and launch of the registry. Meeting timelines and deadlines for deliverables (e.g., policies, measures, and feedback).
- Copy AAN staff on all committee-related correspondence.
Estimated Time Commitment
6-10 hours per month
The chair plus 14 members
Members will be diverse in practice setting and size, geographic location, EHR vendor use, subspecialty, etc. Common across members is an understanding of quality measurement and the value of quality improvement data. Special consideration will be given to representation from the following existing AAN committees:
- Practice Committee (Guidelines and Quality and Safety)
- Medical Economics and Management Committee (Practice Management and Technology)
- Science Committee
- Education Committee