Sections and Subspecialties Subcommittee
The Sections and Subspecialties Subcommittee is responsible for member engagement within AAN Sections. Reporting to the Member Engagement committee, the Sections and Subspecialties Subcommittee is comprised of current and past section chairs. Each subcommittee member serves as a liaison to four-six sections.
Chair: Pierre Fayad, MD, FAAN, FAHA
Staff Liaison: Katie Boyle, Manager, Member Relations
- Job Description
- Define strategies for member engagement within AAN Sections.
- Develop measurable goals for section member satisfaction and engagement, monitor metrics, and provide guidance on course correction when applicable.
- Assist in developing and conducting Section Chair Summit during Annual Meeting.
- Review applications for new sections and new section awards.
- Address key section issues, including but not limited to: policy changes, priority section-wide initiatives, contentious issues.
- Provide for regular (quarterly) communication with section leadership.
- Participate in online community discussions as part of overall engagement strategy.
- Represent section issues to Member Engagement Committee.
Participate in one face-to-face meeting at the Annual Meeting, as well as conference calls and emails as relevant issues arise throughout the year (quarterly at a minimum).
Estimated Time Commitment
Two hours per month.