Emerging Leaders Program
A prestigious and interactive six-month program designed to identify, engage, and mentor up to 20 AAN members who are less than 10 years out of residency or training; are committed to professional, community, and society leadership; and are looking to develop and grow their leadership skills and apply them to long-term AAN involvement.
Applications are now being accepted through July 1, 2017.
- Program Overview
Through the program you will:
- Develop organizational leadership skills
- Be empowered to set and achieve a personal leadership goal
- Develop strategies for leading self and others
- Take part in monthly coaching conference calls with a mentor or leadership consultant
The program includes customized mentoring opportunities, one-on-one coaching sessions, leadership projects, two to three phone calls per month, and two face-to-face retreats.
Propose, plan, and execute an in-depth AAN committee-assigned leadership project or goal, with feedback and coaching from a mentor and small group.
Participants will be matched with a mentor who is a current AAN leader.
This program is right for you if:
- You are a North American AAN member neurologist less than 10 years out of residency.
- You have demonstrated effective leadership skills and are interested in future roles of responsibility within the AAN and the field of neurology.
- Key Program Dates
Attend mandatory leadership workshops (all expenses paid) in conjunction with:
- October 2017 Fall Conference
- April 2018 Annual Meeting
- Application Requirements
It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all of the required documents in PDF format (unless otherwise noted) using the application site by July 1.
Please upload the following items in PDF format with your application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of interest
If you have any questions regarding this program, please contact Bonnie Sova, Senior Administrator, Leadership Programs, at (612) 928-6164.
- Past Recipients
Emerging Leaders Forum Alumni
The Emerging Leaders Program is supported in part by Sanofi Genzyme.