Read the AAN's position on a variety of issues and use them to help guide your decision making.
These documents were sponsored by the Ethics, Law, and Humanities Committee.
- Brain Death Determination (2018)
- Chronic Pain(2013)
- Direct-to-Consumer Advertising(2013)
- Humanistic Dimensions of Professionalism in the Practice of Neurology(2013)
- Lawful Physician-Hastened Death (2018)
- Responding to Requests from Adult Patients for Neuroenhancements(2013)
- Sports Concussion: Legal and Ethical Implications(2014)
These documents were sponsored by the Government Relations Committee.
- AAN Principles for Health Care Delivery (2017)
- Medical Marijuana (2018)
- Opioids (2018)
- Prescription Drug Prices (2017)
- Sports Concussion: Legislative implications (2013)
- Telemedicine (2014)
These documents were sponsored by other AAN committees.
- Abuse and Violence(2012)
- Availability of Disease Modifying Therapies (DMT) for Treatment of Relapsing Forms of Multiple Sclerosis (2015)
- Definition of Neurology Subspecialty (2012)
- Neurology Advanced Practice Providers (2015)
- On-Call Reimbursement for Neurologists (2013)
- Opioids for Chronic Noncancer Pain(2014)
- Stroke Medical Director Reimbursement (2012)
Endorsed by the AAN
These documents were developed by outside organizations and endorsed by the AAN.
- AANEM Recommended Policy for Electrodiagnostic Medicine (2014)
- AANEM Proper Performance and Interpretation of Electrodiagnostic Studies (2014)
- Firearm-related Injury and Death in the United States: A Call to Action from Over 50 Supportive Organizations and the American Bar Association (2015)
- Mobile Electrodiagnostic Laboratories Provide Substandard Patient Care (2015)
Interested in proposing a new position statement? Contact email@example.com for more information.