Guidelines Open for Public Comment
Review and comment on the following draft guidelines that are currently open for public comment:
Evidence-based guideline: Disorders of Consciousness
Comment Period Closes May 5.
This guideline draft manuscript developed by the AAN reviews the evidence and provides recommendation statements regarding the following in patients with a prolonged disorder of consciousness (minimally conscious state or vegetative state/unresponsive wakefulness syndrome due to traumatic or non-traumatic brain injury):
• Use of different tools and strategies for diagnosis and evaluation of disorders of consciousness
• Use of different factors that influence or predict recovery and outcome
• Use and efficacy of treatments for disorders of consciousness
The AAN requests your comments on the following issues:
- Clarity and comprehensiveness of clinical questions
- Research approach
- Clarity Comprehensiveness of conclusions and recommendations
- Accuracy and format of the document
Comment Period Closes May 5, 2017
This guideline draft manuscript is made available at this time only for the purpose of obtaining comments from professionals and public stakeholders. Because this document is not in its final, publishable form, we ask that you maintain discretion by refraining from publishing, posting, disseminating, or otherwise releasing the contents of this document until further notice is received from the AAN.
Submit your comments on the website by midnight on May 5. If you have any questions, email Shannon Merillat or call (612) 928-6156.