Distance Learning: Evidence-based Medicine (EBM) Online
EBM Online is an on-demand, interactive version of AAN's popular EBM Training Course. It is designed to teach the fundamentals of evidence-based medicine using neurologic examples and cases. The course consists of ten modules that are an average of 25 minutes each.
EBM Online is now available to neurology residency programs. In 2017, EBM will be available to all AAN members.
Please email Hannah Planalp with any questions regarding EBM programs.
Access EBM Online
Program Directors and Residents
Program directors can enroll residents and track their progress through the EBM Online Dashboard. Please be sure you are logged in to your AAN account to see your Dashboard.
Residents: After your program director enrolls you in EBM Online, login to your AAN account and access EBM Online here.
- EBM Online for Program Directors
Program directors: Enroll residents and track their progress on the Dashboard.
- This course is designed to be taken chronologically. Residents will not be able to download a learning element until they have completed a brief (2-3 question) post-assessment for the preceding element.
- Residents will be prompted to take a post-test and complete an evaluation after they have completed the course.
- You will be able to observe your residents' progress and their post-test scores upon completion.
- You will have access to the PowerPoint presentations on your dashboard, which you may use for additional teaching.
- EBM Online for Residents
Residents: After your program director enrolls you, access EBM Online here.
This course is designed to be taken chronologically. You will not be able to download a module until you have completed a brief (2-3 question) post-assessment for the preceding element.
Please note: You will download a series of interactive PowerPoint presentations for EBM Online:
- Opening a module will likely trigger a security alert warning you about the use of macros. You will need to select “enable content” to view the interactive portions of the module.
- To run EBM Online PowerPoint presentations on your computer (PC or Mac), you will need PowerPoint 2010 or later.
- It is unlikely that EBM Online will run on a smartphone or tablet.
- EBM Online for CME - Physicians, Researchers, Advanced Practice Providers
Coming in 2017 - earn CME and receive valuable training that will help you better synthesize research and implement evidence-based guidelines.
Please contact Hannah Planalp with any questions.