Practice Management Resources
New! The Academy has created a new email address at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you get the answers you need, quickly, to help your practice thrive. You can expect to receive a response within one business day on any practice management questions
Compare your compensation and productivity to national benchmarks to make smart business decisions.
Gain valuable insight and tools to help navigate through the changes that lie ahead in the new health care landscape. View previously recorded webinars.
- Consultation Forms
To facilitate better coordination between primary care and specialty physicians in requests for referrals or consultations, the AAN worked with the American College of Physicians to develop pertinent data sets for 6 neurologic conditions:
- Numbness/weakness/gait instability
- Cognitive/memory difficulties
- Altered mental state
- Transient focal neurologic deficit
These data sets are part of a larger high-value care coordination toolkit.
- Advanced Imaging Services: Disclosure Forms
Referring physicians are required to disclose to their patients in writing that they may obtain certain advanced imaging services at other locations.
Download sample forms:
- On-Call Reimbursement
- The AAN has long believed that patients and communities will have better access to emergency neurologic services like stroke and other illnesses when neurologists are reimbursed to be on call.
- Financial Impact Calculator
Estimate the financial impact of your practice* for participation or non-participation in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) programs.This tool identifies cumulative effects over five years. This tool does not calculate incentives or penalties accrued prior to the 2013 calendar year.
*The 90-day 2014 reporting option is not reflected in the impact calculator.
- Business Administrator Resources
Take advantage of the AAN's reduced membership rates for Business Administrator members and gain access to practice management resources, and networking opportunities with your colleagues in academic, hospital, and private practice settings.
- Free HHS Security Risk Assessment Tool to Help with HIPAA Compliance
- AMA Competing in the Marketplace resource (free- login required)