Improve the care of your patients by using the AAN's quality measurement sets, reporting initiatives, and other resources.
Be part of the process and submit an idea for a future measurement set or volunteer your time to be part of the next measurement development workgroup.
Free Headache Webinar
The AAN is offering this important webinar to help you learn how you can implement the Headache Quality Measures within your practice. The live webinar will take place on March 6 at 12:00 p.m. ET, a recording will be available for those not able to attend the live presentation. Register now.
Use these quality measurement sets for important neurologic conditions.
- Neurology Measurement Sets
Find out more about neurology-specific quality measurement sets:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Measurement Set (2012)
- Dementia Measurement Set (2011)
- Distal Symmetric Polyneuropathy Measurement Set (2012)
- Epilepsy Measurement Set (2009)
- Headache Measurement Set (2015)
- Parkinson's Disease Measurement Set (2009)
- Stroke Measurement Set (2010)
- Measurement Sets In Progress
Preview of measurements currently in progress:
- Future Measurement Sets
Interested in developing measurement sets that affect your patients and your practice? Check back often to apply for a work group position. Application materials can be found here.
- All Neurology (Summer 2015)
- Inpatient and Emergent Neurology (Summer 2015)
- Stroke Update (Fall 2015)
- Distal Symmetric Polyneuropathy Update (Winter 2015)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis update (Winter 2015)
How Measures Are Developed
Gain and understanding of how the AAN develops clinical quality measures relevant to a neurology practice.
- Partnering Organizations
- AAN and Measure Development
How to Use a Measure
Learn how quality measures are integrated into public and private payer programs.
- Meaningful Use
The Medicare (and Medicaid) EHR Incentive Program will provide incentive payments to eligible professionals, hospitals and critical access hospitals.
- Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
The Medicare PQRS program is a pay for reporting program offering a .5-percent incentive payment through 2014.
- AAN NeuroPI
Let the AAN's NeuroPI modules guide you step-by-step through an online performance improvement project of your choice.
- Patient And Clinical Data Registries
- Neurology® Clinical Practice
- Pay for Performance
- AAN MOC Activities
- Practice Management Resources