Improve the care of your patients by using the AAN's quality measurement sets, reporting initiatives, and other resources.
Be part of the process and submit an idea for a future measurement set or volunteer your time to be part of the next measurement development workgroup. All workgroup applicants are asked to complete a nomination and conflict of interest form.
Use these quality measurement sets for important neurologic conditions.
- Neurology Measurement Sets
Find out more about neurology-specific quality measurement sets:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Measurement Set (2012)
- Dementia Measurement Set (2011)
- Distal Symmetric Polyneuropathy Measurement Set (2012)
- Epilepsy Measurement Set Update (2014)
- Headache Measurement Set (2015)
- Parkinson's Disease Measurement Set (2009)
- Stroke Measurement Set (2010)
- Measurement Sets In Progress
Preview of measurements currently in progress:
- Future Measurement Sets
Interested in developing measurement sets that affect your patients and your practice? Check back often to apply for a work group position. Download application materials.
- All Neurology (Summer 2015)
- Stroke Update (Fall 2015)
- Distal Symmetric Polyneuropathy Update (Winter 2015)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis update (Winter 2015)
How Measures Are Developed
Gain an understanding of how the AAN develops clinical quality measures relevant to a neurology practice.
- Partnering Organizations
- AAN and Measure Development
How to Use a Measure
Learn how quality measures are integrated into public and private payer programs.
- Meaningful Use
The Medicare (and Medicaid) EHR Incentive Program will provide incentive payments to eligible professionals, hospitals and critical access hospitals.
- Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
The Medicare PQRS program is a pay for reporting program offering a .5-percent incentive payment through 2014.
- AAN NeuroPI
Let the AAN's NeuroPI modules guide you step-by-step through an online performance improvement project of your choice.
- Patient And Clinical Data Registries
- Neurology® Clinical Practice
- Pay for Performance
- AAN MOC Activities
- Practice Management Resources