Improve the care of your patients by using the AAN's quality measurement sets, reporting initiatives, and other resources.
Be part of the process and submit an idea for a future measurement set or volunteer your time to be part of the next measurement development workgroup. All workgroup applicants are asked to complete a nomination and conflict of interest form.
Free Webinar on Epilepsy Measures
The AAN has recently updated the epilepsy measurement set to reflect current gaps in care. These measures are aimed at improving care for patients diagnosed with epilepsy. The AAN will be hosting a free webinar on Thursday, May 7 at 12:00 p.m. ET to provide information on the updates and tools to implement them into practice. Please register here to attend this webinar.
Use these quality measurement sets for important neurologic conditions.
- Neurology Measurement Sets
Find out more about neurology-specific quality measurement sets:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Measurement Set (2012)
- Dementia Measurement Set (2011)
- Distal Symmetric Polyneuropathy Measurement Set (2012)
- Epilepsy Measurement Set Update (2014)
- Headache Measurement Set (2015)
- Parkinson's Disease Measurement Set (2009)
- Stroke Measurement Set (2010)
- Measurement Sets In Progress
Preview of measurements currently in progress:
- Future Measurement Sets
Interested in developing measurement sets that affect your patients and your practice? Check back often to apply for a work group position. Download application materials.
- All Neurology (Summer 2015)
- Stroke Update (Fall 2015)
- Distal Symmetric Polyneuropathy Update (Winter 2015)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis update (Winter 2015)
How Measures Are Developed
Gain and understanding of how the AAN develops clinical quality measures relevant to a neurology practice.
- Partnering Organizations
- AAN and Measure Development
How to Use a Measure
Learn how quality measures are integrated into public and private payer programs.
- Meaningful Use
The Medicare (and Medicaid) EHR Incentive Program will provide incentive payments to eligible professionals, hospitals and critical access hospitals.
- Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
The Medicare PQRS program is a pay for reporting program offering a .5-percent incentive payment through 2014.
- AAN NeuroPI
Let the AAN's NeuroPI modules guide you step-by-step through an online performance improvement project of your choice.
- Patient And Clinical Data Registries
- Neurology® Clinical Practice
- Pay for Performance
- AAN MOC Activities
- Practice Management Resources