Sports Concussion Resources
Access resources on sports concussion for physicians, coaches, parents, and athletes.
Public Service Announcement
- AAN Position Statement on Sports Concussion
- AAN Sports Concussion Guideline
- Clinical Case Example
- Free Online Concussion Training for Coaches from the CDC
- Free Online Concussion Safety Course for High School and Youth Coaches from the University of Michigan
- General information about Traumatic Brain Injury
- Legal and Ethical Implications in the Evaluation and Management of Sports-related Concussion
- NCAA Interassociation Consensus: Diagnosis and Management of Sport-related Concussion Best Practices
- Presentation Slides
- Sports Concussion State Laws (June 2014)
The following are Press Releases and Press Conference recordings related to AAN's concussion efforts.
- New Concussion Training for NFL Players Ahead of This Week's Season Opener
- AAN Applauds President Obama's Call for Greater Awareness of Sports Concussion
- AAN Issues Updated Sports Concussion Guideline: Athletes with Suspected Concussion Should Be Removed from Play
- American Academy of Neurology Launches New App to Help Evaluate Sports Concussion at Games
- Sports Concussion Guideline Press Conference Video
AAN AND THE NFL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION
The AAN and the American Brain Foundation collaborated with the NFL Players Association to develop a concussion education and training video. The video was distributed to all NFL players the week of September 6, 2016. The video relays essential facts about brain injury and how to recognize it and outlines the NFL concussion protocols that are mandated for player health and safety.
The AAN in partnership with the American College of Emergency Physicians, helped the NFL Players Association produce a concussion tip sheet. The tip sheet provides important information on how to diagnose and care for concussion. Copies of the concussion tip sheet were distributed to all NFL locker rooms.