Capitol Hill Report
Learn about legislative action and how the Academy ensures that the voice of neurology is heard on Capitol Hill.
The Academy's Center for Health Policy staff in Washington, DC, provides bi-weekly updates on advocacy for neurology and neurologic concerns through Capitol Hill Report.
Current Capitol Hill Report
- Extending the Medicaid Bump
- SGR Patch Delays ICD-10 and RAC Review of Two-midnight Rule
- AAN, CMS Meet to Discuss Advance Care Planning
Capitol Hill Report Archives
- March 31, 2014: Special Edition
- March 24, 2014: House Passes SGR Repeal, Senate Up Next
- March 10, 2014: Neither Sleet, Nor Snow...
- February 24, 2014: The Reality in Washington
- February 11, 2014: AAN Supports SGR Deal-Your Action Is Necessary
- February 6, 2014: SGR Compromise
- January 21, 2014: Congress Listens to AAN
- January 6, 2014: AAN Advocacy-The Road to Success
- December 19, 2013: Three-month SGR Fix
- December 9, 2013: Big Win on EEG
- November 25, 2013: Simple Math
- November 12, 2013: SGR Repeal Bill Released
- October 21, 2013: Shutdown Showdown
- October 7, 2013: Shutdown!
- September 23, 2013: We Wouldn't Want His Job
- September 9, 2013: Lawmakers Visit AAN HQ, Practices During Recess
- August 26, 2013: AAN Makes Case for Improved Values for EMG and NCS Codes at CMS Refinement Panel
- August 12, 2013: AAN Launches Campaign to Stop Proposed EEG Cuts by CMS
- July 22, 2013: CMS Agrees to Convene Refinement Panel for NCS/EMG
- July 8, 2013: AAN Helping to Shape SGR Repeal Legislation
- June 24, 2013: AAN Member Wins Statewide Primary Election
- June 10, 2013: AAN Concerns Inspire "Principal Care" Provision in SGR Fix
- May 20, 2013: SGR Momentum Continues
- May 6, 2013: Advocates Score Points at Neurology on the Hill
- April 22, 2013: AAN Members Head to Capitol Hill
- April 8, 2013: $100 Million White House Brain Research Initiative Announced
- March 25, 2013: SGR Fire Sale?
- March 11, 2013: E/M Finally Makes It!
- February 22, 2013: 'Sequester' Rhymes With 'Monster'
- February 11, 2013: Good News On SGR; Schwartz/Heck Bill Reintroduced
- January 21, 2013: $6 Million Win, NCS/EMG Update, VP Biden Mentions AAN
- January 7, 2013: SGR Crisis Averted... For One Year