Capitol Hill Report
Learn about legislative action and how the Academy ensures that the voice of neurology is heard on Capitol Hill.
The Academy's Center for Health Policy staff in Washington, DC, provides bi-weekly updates on advocacy for neurology and neurologic concerns through Capitol Hill Report.
Current Capitol Hill Report
- AAN Member Walter Koroshetz, MD, FAAN, Appointed NINDS Director
- AAN-sponsored Telestroke Bills Introduced
- Extension of Medicare Cut Averted!
- AAN Call for AMA Support of BRAIN Initiative Accepted
- Final Shared Savings Rule Issued
Capitol Hill Report Archives
- June 8, 2015: Entering a New Decade, Meeting New Challenges
- May 26, 2015: AAN Makes Telestroke Presentation to Congress
- May 11, 2015: Clearing Up SGR Repeal Misconceptions
- April 14, 2015: Victory! Congress Permanently Repeals SGR
- April 13, 2015: Special Capitol Hill Report-SGR Repeal Imminent
- March 27, 2015: Special Capitol Hill Report-Senate Holds Up SGR, Promises Future Vote
- March 26, 2015: SGR Victory in the House!
- March 23, 2015: SGR Deal This Week?
- March 9, 2015: Greening The Hill
- February 23, 2015: We're Going to the Hill and Need Your Support
- February 9, 2015: Super Bowl, Washington, and Neurology Advocacy
- January 30, 2015: Special Capitol Hill Report-Medicare, Payer, MU Changes
- January 26, 2015: The Weekend That Changed Their Lives
- December 16, 2014: Medicaid Bump Expires with 113th Congress
- November 24, 2014: Lame Duck Kicks Off
- November 10, 2014: Neurology Wins in Washington!
- October 20, 2014: Neurology Takes on MedPAC, Trial Lawyers
- October 6, 2014: We're Working to Reduce Your Burdens
- September 22, 2014: AAN in Action While Congress Adjourns
- September 8, 2014: Relationships, Resolutions, and Rules
- August 25, 2014: GME Report-Do We Have Enough Physicians?
- August 11, 2014: In One, Out the Other
- July 21, 2014: AAN Advocacy Gains Chronic Care Management Reimbursement for Neurologists
- July 7, 2014: Big Week for AAN on the Hill-And Beyond
- June 23, 2014: Chaos in Virginia
- June 9, 2014: AAN Efforts Recognized at White House Concussion Summit
- May 27, 2014: AAN Invited to the White House
- May 12, 2014: AAN Hosts Powerful Committee Chair
- April 21, 2014: AAN Raises Medicaid Bump with White House Staff
- April 7, 2014: After SGR, What's Next?
- March 31, 2014: Special Edition
- March 24, 2014: House Passes SGR Repeal, Senate Up Next
- March 10, 2014: Neither Sleet, Nor Snow...
- February 24, 2014: The Reality in Washington
- February 11, 2014: AAN Supports SGR Deal-Your Action Is Necessary
- February 6, 2014: SGR Compromise
- January 21, 2014: Congress Listens to AAN
- January 6, 2014: AAN Advocacy-The Road to Success