Contact Your Legislator
Take five minutes to influence positive changes for you and your neurology patients. Contact your representatives in Congress by using the Academy's online advocacy tool only available to AAN members.
After you log in:
- Select a key health policy issue from the list and review background information to learn more.
- Check the box of the Senator or Representative you want to receive your message (they will automatically appear based on your residence).
- Choose the option of a form letter that you can edit or a customized (blank) letter.
- Decide whether to have your message emailed, faxed, or printed for postal mailing, and personalize if you wish (postal mailings may be delayed because of security screenings).
- Submit your message (if sending by email, your legislator may request you to select a topic).
- That's all there is to it. In less than five minutes you've expressed your professional opinion to your elected official.