About Neurology on the Hill
Learn more about Neurology on the Hill and how you can get involved.
- Why attend
- Get an update on current policy issues, such as physician reimbursement and the need for increased funding for neurologic research.
- Gain insights from congressional leaders, consultants, and Academy staff about the political process.
- Take neurology's message directly to your senators and representative.
- Develop working relationships with members of Congress, their staff, and fellow neurologists.
- Although participants should have a strong commitment to improving health care, no prior knowledge of the political process is necessary. While meeting with legislators, focus only on the Academy's priorities.
- Applicant Qualifications
Any resident PGY-2 or higher Academy member may apply for Neurology on the Hill. No prior experience is necessary!
Selected participants will be provided with the tools, information, and speaking points to address the Academy's concerns.
- Applicant selection
Applicants are evaluated with the objective of maximizing the number of congressional districts represented and overall class balance.
Priority is given to:
- Congressional districts that are traditionally under-represented during NOH
- Congressional districts of key strategic importance to the Academy
- In 2017 the Academy hosted 216 physicians from 42 states to Neurology on the Hill.
The Academy covers your travel expenses and hotel accommodations.
The registration fee is $50 for residents, fellows, and members in the Washington, DC area, and $150 for all others.
- Other advocacy programs
The Palatucci Advocacy Leadership Forum offers workshops in legislative advocacy, public and media relations, and advocacy action planning.