Build a successful career in neurology with unparalleled resources available exclusively from the AAN.
residents & Fellows
Visit the Neurology Career Center for all your job seraching needs:
- Job Listings
- Interview Resources
- Employment Contracts
- CV Review Services
- Career Coaching Services
- Career Transition Resources
Transitioning from Training into Practice
Webinars are 60-90 minutes in length. They can be accessed and viewed on-demand when it's convenient for trainees.
Business Basics Webinar Series
- Overview of Practice Income
- Revenue Sources
- Building a Neurology Practice from Scratch
Your First Employment Contract
FREE for residents! Practice Management Webinars help you gain valuable insight and tools to help navigate through the changes that lay ahead in the new health care landscape.
- View upcoming live webinars
- Discover previously recorded webinars
- Developed specifically for residents: “Resident Review: 2016 Neurology Compensation and Productivity”
Where to Find Grants
- Many early-career grants will require a funded mentor.
- Compile a list of grants for all stages in your career.
- Start with the NIH in not only your field but related fields NCI and NINDS for neuro-oncology, for example.
- Find any other big institutes that support research: NSF, AHRQ, (DoD, VA, etc.)
- Look also to organizations that are general (AAN, ANA, American Brain Foundation, SfN, etc.) and specific (AHA, AASM, etc.)
- Look at foundations (American Brain Foundation, ALSA, NMSS, SRS, etc.)
- Look intramurally (standard intramural funding, career-promotion awards, etc.)