Student Interest Group in Neurology
Join the Student Interest Group in Neurology (SIGN) to learn the neurology field and its clinical, research and service activities.
- What is SIGN?
- More than 150 chapters in US and Canadian medical schools
- Provides opportunities to participate in clinical, research, and service activities in neurology
- Increases the medical student's neurologic knowledge
- Creates an interest in the AAN
- Obtain valuable information about medical schools that offer a SIGN Chapter and/or a neurology clerkship using our Clerkship and SIGN Directory
- What are the benefits of SIGN?
- Socialize with students, residents, and faculty who share your interest in neurology
- Shadow neurologists
- Attend patient presentations and seminars
- Develop experience, leadership, and valuable contacts
- Join the nationwide SIGN network
- Meet other SIGN members at the Annual Meeting
- Apply for SIGN scholarships
- Free AAN Membership
- SIGN Resources
Resources and Ideas
- SIGN Chapter Registration Form
- SIGN Reference Manual
- Update Information About an Existing SIGN Chapter
- Submit Event Plans to the SIGN Event Budget Support Form
- Submit for up to $400 of Annual Expense Reimbursement for Your SIGN Chapter (currently only available for US and Canadian chapters)
- Sign Chapter Activity Ideas
Membership and Scholarship
How to join
Contact Maggie Rock for information about joining SIGN.