The AAN RITE® (Residency In-service Training Examination) gauges your knowledge of neurology and neuroscience while identifying areas for potential growth.
residents & Fellows
- A carefully weighted, in-depth examination featuring questions in each of the following areas of neurology and neuroscience: anatomy, behavioral/psychiatry, clinical adult, clinical pediatrics, contemporary issues, neuroimaging, pathology, pharmacology/chemistry, and physiology.
- Graphics that include CT scans, MR images, EEGs, and full-color pathologic representations.
- A review by a committee of recognized experts to ensure content clarity, question relevance, and topical balance.
- A scanning and scoring process conducted by a professional data systems company to ensure the highest quality data collection with an accuracy rate in excess of 99.9 percent.
- A downloadable discussion and reference manual that is accessible to all examinees, following the exam, which identifies discussions of answer options and rationale for correct responses of all questions as well as references for further information.
UPCOMING EXAM DATES
2018 Exam Dates: February 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
2019 Exam Dates: February 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
2020 Exam Dates: February 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
RITE dates are scheduled by local test centers in two sessions during the same day, with each session lasting three-and-a-half hours. Questions on the 2018 RITE will be distributed according to the 2018 RITE Exam Blueprint.
AAN Junior Member: $200
Cancellation Fee: $50 per examinee
Rescore Fee: $75 per examinee
Payment: RITE registration, RITE payment, and 2018 membership dues must be paid in full by December 1, 2017. Membership dues for 2018 must be paid prior to registering your residents for the RITE at the member rate. Please plan your dues payment accordingly. Contact AAN Member Services at (800) 879-1960 with questions regarding membership applications and dues payments.
Cancellation: Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com by December 20, 2017. A $50 cancellation fee per examinee will be charged. Registrations may not be transferred from one examinee to another. No other cancellation requests will be honored.
Rescore: Rescore requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4, 2018. A $75 rescore fee per examinee will be charged.
Registration Opens: Early October 2017
Registration Deadline: December 1, 2017
Cancellation Deadline: December 20, 2017
Rescore Deadline: May 4, 2018
Please note membership dues for 2018 must be paid prior to registering your residents for the RITE at the member rate. Please plan your dues payment accordingly. Member applications are available online. Contact AAN Member Services at (800) 879-1960 or email@example.com with questions regarding membership. Registration is only available online. Program Directors and Program Coordinators will receive a link to the online registration site in October. Onsite registration is not allowed. If you have questions regarding RITE registration, please contact (612) 928-6186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 RITE Discussion and Reference Manual is available for download. Please use the password that was provided to you on the examinee postcard.
Scores results for the 2017 RITE have been distributed electronically to examinees and Program Directors. Please note the AAN only keeps RITE scores on file for one year. Examinees and programs are responsible for archiving RITE scores from year to year.
The AAN RITE (Residency In-service Training Exam) is not designed to be a certifying or qualifying examination. Use of RITE score results in that manner is discouraged by the AAN. To report a misuse of RITE scores, please contact Heidi Jacques at (612) 928-6016.