Find out information on clinical research studies and clinical trials from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
Learn about clinical studies
- Provides updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers.
- Includes biomedical or health-related research studies in human beings that follow a pre-defined protocol.
- Includes both interventional and observational types of studies.
- Interventional studies: Research subjects are assigned by the investigator to a treatment or other intervention, and their outcomes are measured.
- Observational studies: Individuals are observed and their outcomes are measured by the investigators.